Rules of competition
I The organizer of the competition and its duration
1. The competition is organized by Fundacja Tranzyt, with its registered office at Fredry 7/3 61-701 Poznań; VAT number NIP 7811843776; Regon 301229741; entered into the business register kept by District Court of Poznań – Nowe Miasto i Wilda, VIII Economic Department under the number KRS 0000339073
2. Contest entries can be submitted until March, 31st 2013 (until 23:59) with the application form available at: here
3. Entries submitted after the deadline will not take part in the Competition.
4. Winners will be announced on April, 20th 2013.
5. The competition is international.
II Terms and Conditions of participation in the contest
1.The Competition is open to any person or publisher house (hereinafter referred to as Participant) that fulfills jointly all of the following conditions:
-knows and accepts all the rules and regulations of the competition,
- is not the Organizer’s employee or a member of the Organizer’s immediate family nor is directly involved in the organization of the competition,
- is 18 years of age at the date of the deadline,
- meets other conditions set out herein.
2. The subjects of the competitions are, respectively: the best children comic book and the best teen comic book. The winning works will be published as books. The prize assumes transfer of publication rights to the works.
3. There is no limit to the number of submitted works.
4. Contest entries must be submitted through the entry form in English.
5. The application form must be accompanied by an excerpt from the work, while the whole work must be sent through one of the file transferring sites.
6. Submitted works cannot be previously published in print in Poland.
7. Submitted works may be previously published on the Internet or published in print in other countries.
8. Works may be submitted in any technique or format.
9. By participating in the contest Participants agree to the processing of personal data by the Organizers to the extent necessary for the proper co-operation with the Organizer and to the ends and purposes of the Competition.
10. Submission of the project assumes the Participant’s declaration that s/he is entitled to the full personal and property copyrights (including the subsidiary copyrights) of the submitted works, and that the submitted works are his/her individual and completely original creation and are in no way encumbered with rights established for the benefit of third parties, are in no part plagiarized, are not copies, and do not contain fragments of any other works.
12. Everyone has the right to report violations of the regulations to the Organizer.
13. CAUTION: participation in the contest is free of charge.
14. The winning works will be published as books. By submitting the works, participants agree to these rules and accept that the prize is the only payment for the publication rights to the works. The book will be offer participants for 50% cover price.
III The Jury
1. The works will be assessed by the Jury.
2. The Jury is fully independent and autonomous, and its decisions are final and undisputable.
1.The main prize : 1000 PLN.
2. The Organizer reserves the right not to grant some, or all, of the prizes.
1. The Organizer reserves the right to present and publish the submitted works without any copyright fee at the Organizer’s website www.ligatura.eu , www.centrala.org.pl , www.fundacja-tranzyt.blogspot.com and as books.
2. By submitting the works, the Participants acknowledge that awarding them will result in their granting of an exclusive and gratuitous license to the following:
-solidifying and multiplying the works by means of typography, printing, reprography, information technology, photography, digital processing, multimedia, audiovisual, audio and phonic techniques and their variations, including computer data storage,
- publicizing the works by means of public performances, exhibitions, screenings, transmissions and broadcasts on all kinds of carriers, including banners advertising, VHS, VCD and DVD, and with the use of various multimedia techniques,
-publicizing the works in computer networks, including the Internet, in such a way that individuals could access the images in a time and place of their choice.
3. The aforementioned publication may be carried out:
-to promote the Organizer in connection to the Competition, and in particular in the form of T-shirts, posters, exhibitions, advertising brochures, notices, regardless of their format, as well as in other media: informative or advertising, especially as audio, audio-visual, multimedia and phonic adveritsements,
-after preserving in print and electronic form, also as part of a collective publication, and being publicized in such form in computer networks and the Internet.
4. The granting of license by the awarded Participant is not tantamount to the obligation of the Organizer to use the work in the above-mentioned ways.
VI Final provisions
1. The Organizer shall not be held responsible for any delays resulting from the actions of shipping companies, electronic mail and/or network services that the Participants choose to use.
2. The Organizer shall not be held responsible for the third parties or other Participants providing false and/or incomplete information about the Competition and for the damage caused by the Participants providing false or out-of-date data and/or statements.
3. The Participant is responsible in particular for the infringement of personal property, copyright, neighbouring rights and subsidiaries to third parties in the works. The Participant is obliged to cover all costs of defending the rights of the Organizer associated with such breach and with the gratification of the aggrieved party.
4. The final interpretation of these regulations is the exclusive right of the Organizer.